Terms of Service and GDPR
At Draw Place, we believe that all you need to do to create amazing art is a simple desire to create. All you need to do is give it a go!
Our goal is to use art and creativity to help people relax, be more perceptive of the world around us, take some me-time and start fulfilling their dreams, and we apply the same principles to our relationship with you – our customers, students, and friends.
We strive to do everything in our power to create a comfortable, peaceful environment for you to make art, develop your artistic skills, try new techniques, and express yourselves and your emotions. However, if you think that there is something we can change or improve, or if there is something you straight up dislike, please do let us know! Simply email us at [email protected] and we’ll do everything we can to find a solution that will keep everyone happy. We believe that good communication can solve almost everything, so don’t be shy to email us and talk to us 😊
Still, even Draw Planet courses must have some structure and observe the laws and regulations.
Don’t worry though! The fact that you can release your creativity without fear and restraint and make art in a friendly and peaceful atmosphere, that you feel comfortable to talk to us about any issues you might have, that we can always find a solution for everyone, and, most importantly, how you feel at our academy – that’s not something dictated by rules and laws. It’s all about the people who are a part of Draw Place; our teachers, our support staff, and everyone in between.
Laws and regulations can change any time, but the people who make the unique and friendly atmosphere of Draw Place will always remain – and that’s a promise.
The website, web-based presentations and technological and logistical support for presentation and marketing of courses offered by Asociace pro rozvoj výtvarného vzdělávání Draw Planet, z.s., business registration number: 09723846, with its seat at Plzeňská 157/98, Košíře, 150 00 Prague 5 (“the Draw Planet Association”), and Výtvarná škola Draw Planet, s.r.o., business registration number: 05652952, with its seat at Heřmanova 597/61, Holešovice, 170 00 Prague 7, postal code 17000 (“the Draw Planet School”), are operated by Výtvarná škola Draw Planet, s.r.o., business registration number: 05652952.
Rules for participation in courses offered by the Draw Planet Association
Draw Planet Association courses are provided by Asociace pro rozvoj výtvarného vzdělávání Draw Planet, z.s., business registration number: 09723846 with its seat at Plzeňská 157/98, Košíře, 150 00 Prague 5; the Provider is not a registered VAT payer.
Correspondence address: Sokolovská 131/86, Prague 8.
Courses offered by the Draw Planet Association are open to members of the Draw Planet Association.
In accordance with the Statutes of the Draw Planet Association, the conditions of membership and participation in the activities organized by the Association are set out in internal regulations as follows:
- An interested party becomes a registered regular member of the Draw Planet Association by signing up for an activity, confirmation by the Draw Planet Association, the applicant’s registration as a participant and payment of the membership fee.
- A regular member is entitled to participation in the activity for which s/he signed up.
- The right to participate in the activity lasts until the activity is completed by the Draw Planet Association.
- Regular membership may also have the form of unregistered regular membership. An unregistered regular member is entitled to participation in an activity to which s/he will sign up in the future. Unregistered regular membership is established when a membership fee in the selected amount is paid, and the Draw Planet Association has issued a unique code.
- Membership fee
- The amount of the membership fee depends on the specific activity in which the member participates, and on the corresponding duration of membership.
- The amount of the membership fee is specified on the website for each individual activity.
- Membership fees are non-refundable and will be used to fulfill and support the purposes of the Draw Planet Association. Membership fees will not be refunded to regular members who resigned, were expelled, or failed to participate in the activity for which they signed up.
- Activities schedule
- Schedule of individual activities can be found on the website.
- Activities run according to the schedule, and the Draw Planet Association will make every reasonable effort to ensure that the dates of the activities are always kept as scheduled.
- If the registered member is unable to participate in an activity, the Draw Planet Association will offer him/her an opportunity to participate in the same or a similar activity on a different date, where possible. If materials, such as presentations and other teaching materials, are available, they will be provided and/or made available to the registered member despite his/her absence.
- If the date of the activity is changed by the Draw Planet Association, the membership period of registered members will be extended until the activity is completed. Such an extension of the membership period is not associated with the obligation to pay another membership fee or similar surcharges.
- Vouchers are primarily intended for gifting regular membership in the most esthetically appropriate form. The Draw Planet Association also issues a unique unregistered regular membership code for each voucher.
- The unique voucher code serves as proof that the membership fee has been paid. When the membership fee is paid and the unique code is issued, the voucher holder becomes an unregistered regular member of the Draw Planet Association.
- Each voucher (unique code) has a registered period of validity, during which the holder can become a registered regular member by signing up to a specific activity. The unregistered regular membership is terminated upon the voucher’s expiration.
- If the membership fee entitling to participation in the selected activity is greater than the registered membership fee already paid, the registration will be made only after the difference has been covered.
- If the membership fee entitling to participation in the selected activity is lower than the registered membership fee already paid, the difference will be deferred for further use.
- Effect of this internal regulation
- This internal regulation was issued in accordance with the Statutes of the Draw Planet Association by its Manager.
- This internal regulation is enacted on 15 January 2021.
- Legal force and effect of this internal regulation may be terminated by a decision by the Manager of the Draw Planet Association, and/or replaced by another internal regulation.
General terms and conditions of art courses offered by the Draw Place School
The who’s and what’s of the General Terms and Conditions, to avoid confusion 🙂
- “The Provider” is Výtvarná škola Draw Planet, s.r.o., business registration number: 05652952, a company with its seat at Heřmanova 597/61, Holešovice, 170 00 Prague 7, postal code 17000, entered in the Business Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, file No. C 267767.
- “The Course Schedule” is a list of current courses, workshops and lessons focused on teaching and practicing fine arts and creative work, usually held on the premises of the Draw Planet studios, or in other locations (typically for outdoor creative work) and/or provided remotely, with online access. Altogether, these are thematic leisure services provided according to the Provider’s schedule.
- “The Course” is any course included in the Provider’s Courses Schedule. In these General Terms and Conditions, the term “Course” also refers to any workshop, any separately offered class or any other similar service provided by the Provider.
- “The Student” refers to an individual who participates in the course and has concluded a contract for enrollment in the Course.
- “The Participant” refers to an individual who participates in the course but has not concluded a contract for enrollment in the Course.
- “The Client” refers to a legal entity or an individual who has entered into a partnership agreement or an enrollment agreement for one or more Participants or has purchased a voucher.
- “The Cooperation Agreement” is an agreement setting out specific conditions, typically concluded between the Provider and the Client.
- “The Contractual Relationship” is established by a contract and these General Terms and Conditions.
- “The Course Fee” is the price of the Provider’s Services provided to the Student in a specific Course. Any aids, materials, small snacks (e. g. cookies, wafers, fruit, water, coffee, tea, etc.) and other items provided during the Course at no charge, i.e., “free of charge”, are understood to be included in the quoted price. The scope and specific items provided within the individual Courses may vary and depend on the focus, time, and place of the Courses and on the agreement with the Course Participants.
- “The Voucher” is a confirmation issued by the Provider, based on which it is possible to draw a discount on the Provider’s services to a specified extent and within a certain time. The Voucher can take the form of a gift certificate, a voucher, or an individual design form as agreed with the Client.
Where it all begins – what the Draw Place studios offer. There is a lot to choose from, but do not worry – if you are not sure where to start, send us an email, and you can come and see for yourselves, or even try something 🙂
II. Courses Schedule
- The Provider publishes the Courses Schedule on its website at drawplace.co.uk or using various marketing tools (Facebook, leaflets, advertisements in the press, etc.)
- The Courses Schedule contains information about the thematic focus of individual courses, their content, structure, and usual scope in the form in which they have already taken place, are currently taking place and as they are normally planned, as well as their upcoming dates and locations.
- Individual courses can be individually adapted based on the needs of current Participants. All presentations of the Provider’s services and courses at drawplace.co.uk are purely informative by nature, and the Provider is not obliged to enter any contract for their provision in the form which would exactly correspond to the display and the general published description. Provisions of S. 1732 par. 2 of the [Czech] Civil Code do not apply.
- The Courses Schedule published on the website www.drawplace.co.uk usually also contains information regarding course instructors. Such information is based on the Provider’s presumption and cannot be interpreted as liability. The Provider strives to ensure that individual courses can take place, and that they are offered in the highest possible quality. For reasons on the part of the Provider or for reasons on the part of the instructor (e. g. sickness, reasons of personal nature, etc.) the course may be taught by another instructor without prior notice.
- If the Course is to take place at a location other than the one specified in the Courses Schedule, the Provider must inform all Students and Participants of such change in advance.
If you are interested in the offer and would like to book a course, all you need is commitment. Let us know, and we will take care of the rest. There is nothing to worry about, just give it a try 😊
- The Course can be booked by filling out a form available from drawplace.co.uk, or by sending an email to [email protected], Please make sure you specify any questions you might still have.
- An order sent pursuant to the preceding provision is considered a proposal for concluding a contract.
- After mutual agreement regarding the content and conditions of the order by the interested party and the Provider, the order becomes valid in the agreed form.
- If the contract is concluded, performance will be provided to the extent of the valid order within the meaning of the preceding provision.
- Orders are made and their contents is mutually agreed by the concerned parties primarily by e-mail.
- Payment instructions by the Provider to the interested party are a part of approving the order.
- The contract is properly concluded when the Provider receives the payment made by the interested party properly according to the instructions of the Provider. The contract is valid for the entire period of using services according to the relevant mutually agreed order.
By gifting a certificate or a voucher, regardless of what it is called, you will always make someone happy 😊
- By purchasing a voucher, also referred to as a “voucher”, “gift voucher”, “gift certificate”, etc., the Client can arrange a discount for the intended recipient.
- The voucher is issued by the Provider in hard copy as agreed with the Client
- The voucher issued by the Provider has a limited validity. Each voucher is marked with a unique identifier and is intended for use by the designated recipient who is to use the specified Provider’s services.
- The validity of the voucher is 12 months from issue date unless a different validity period is explicitly agreed with the Client.
- The following is agreed and confirmed between the Provider and the Client:
- for which services of the Provider the voucher can be used
- identifikace a kontaktní údaje klienta
- identification of the person authorized to use the voucher (i. e. interested party, recipient of the voucher)
- contact details of the authorized recipient
- how the price of the voucher issued to the Client will be paid
- issue date and delivery method (handover) of the voucher
- graphic form of the voucher and possible individual and specific conditions
- The contract between the Provider and the Client, the subject of which is the provision of a discount to the authorized recipient in using the Provider’s services during the voucher validity period up to the agreed voucher value, is concluded when the Client has made the proper payment. The contract is valid from the date the Provider receives the payment and until the discount is used by the authorized recipient, but no longer than for the period of validity of the voucher.
- The voucher is sent to production on the day when the Provider receives the payment.
- The discount linked to the voucher will be applied when the Provider and the authorized recipient agree on the date of the course (or the date of the beginning of course) offered by the Provider, and such discount will be offset towards paying the price of the course. This agreement is similar to that when an interested party books a course. The voucher is no longer valid after the authorized recipient has used the discount.
- The value of the voucher will be deducted from the price of the course for which the authorized recipient has signed up. Any difference in price must be settled no later than the day of the course.
- Once issued, the vouchers cannot be redeemed or exchanged for money, things, any goods, etc.
- Vouchers already paid by the Client and sent or handed over to the Client by the Provider cannot be returned to the Provider or turned over for reimbursement.
- In exceptional circumstances on the side of the authorized recipient and/or the Client, the authorized recipient can be substituted, always considering the situation and subject to consent of the Provider and the Client who purchased the voucher. In such case, the Provider has the right to request that the issued voucher be presented for inspection.
- The discount linked to the voucher will be granted by the Provider only to an authorized recipient
- In case of lost and/or damaged vouchers, their replacement is possible only subject to an agreement with the person who proves that s/he is an authorized recipient and/or the Client at the time when the transfer to the authorized recipient has not yet taken place. In such cases, the Provider reserves the right to decide unilaterally with final effect whether the voucher will be replaced. In case of damaged vouchers, it is always necessary to return the damaged voucher to the Provider for review.
- Each voucher can be redeemed only once, unless otherwise is agreed with the Client in writing in advance.
When and how can the payment be made? It is always best to pay immediately after confirming the order. If you are booking your course at short notice, please contact us by email 🙂
- Payments for courses must be made so that they are accepted by the Provider within 14 days from the date of order confirmation and at least 7 days before the beginning of the course.
- If the payment is received later than 7 days before the beginning of the course and/or than 14 days from the approval of the order, the Provider is not obliged to provide services in the full scope of the agreed order. After receiving timely payment pursuant to this provision, the Provider must immediately inform the Student of any changes in the scope of performance. If the Provider confirms the receipt of payment and does not simultaneously announce the change in the scope of services, it is understood that the services will be provided to the extent agreed in the confirmed order.
In any case, if something went wrong, let us know by email as soon as possible, and we will do our best to find a solution together 🙂
VI. Cancellation and refunds
- If, for a serious reason, the Student is unable to complete a specific course (sickness, other unforeseeable circumstances, etc.), the Student and the Provider agree to make an effort to arrange a similar performance to the appropriate extent.
- If the course which has been booked and paid for is cancelled by the Provider for reasons on the Provider’s side, for which the Provider is at fault, it must immediately notify all Students and Participants and inform them of possible dates of substitute performance. If no provision of a substitute performance is agreed in such circumstances, the Provider will return the received payments to the Students in the amount corresponding to the non-provided performance if a part of the course is cancelled, or up to the amount of received payments if the entire course is cancelled.
- If the Student cancels participation in a course before the course begins, the Provider will return the payment received for the course to the Student after deducting the cancellation fee, which is:
- 0% of the course price (100% refund) if the Student’s participation is cancelled at least 30 days before the beginning of the course
- 20% of the course price (80% refund), if the Student’s participation is cancelled less than 30 days, but at least 14 days before the beginning of the course
- 50% of the course price (50% refund), if the Student’s participation is cancelled less than 14 days, but at least 7 days before the beginning of the course
- 70% of the course price (30% refund) if the Student’s participation is cancelled less than 7 days before the beginning of the course
- 90% of the course price (10% refund), if the Student’s participation is cancelled before the beginning of the course but less than 3 days before the beginning of the course
- No refunds will be made if the Student (Participant) cancels participation in the course after it has begun. However, the Student (Participant) may be substituted by a different person, as agreed with the Provider.
- In case of non-participation of the Student – the authorized recipient, in the courses provided at a discount on the basis of a voucher, the Student will be reimbursed under the preceding provision to the amount paid in excess of the provided discount.
- The voucher order can be cancelled no later than on the day of receipt of payment by the Provider and at the same time no later than 7 days before its issuance date. Termination and/or cancellation of the voucher or its order may be proposed only by the Provider or by the Client who ordered and paid for the voucher.
- If the voucher order is cancelled by the Client, the Provider may require payment of costs for the preparation and issuing of the voucher, up to the amount of = CZK 300.
- The voucher cannot be revoked or cancelled after the person entitled to the discount has determined the course.
General things, or what did not fit into the previous sections, since not everything can be put into a box 😊 🙂
VII. General provisions
- Relationships between the Provider and an interested party and/or Student and/or Participant and/or Client are governed by applicable Czech law. All possible disputes that cannot be resolved amicably will be decided in accordance with Czech law, by a Czech court in the capital city of Prague.
- The provision of courses is the provision of leisure services, and the entrepreneur (provider) provides these services within a specified period. Pursuant to Act No. 89/2012 Sb., the Civil Code Section 1837 (j), the consumer may not withdraw from the contract for the provision of leisure services if the entrepreneur provides these services within the specified period.
- Concerning the cited provision of the Civil Code, the contract may be terminated by agreement, not by withdrawal.
- During the courses, the Provider may, and the interested parties, Students, Clients, Participants and/or their legal representatives acknowledge that the Provider may create photographic documentation and audio-visual records of their course, including images of the Participants and other persons present and the works created, free of charge. All recordings are made openly, and all persons who could be recognized on the records are always notified in advance and can opt out from the making the recordings.
- The Provider takes photographs and makes recordings for the purpose of documenting the course of services provided, and for the purpose of publishing samples on the Internet and in its promotional materials.
- Interested parties, Students, Clients and/or Participants grant the Provider a free license to use their work, which is created during the Provider’s courses, in the form of a non-exclusive, unlimited territorial license for the duration of property rights. The Provider is not obliged to use the license. Based on the granted license, the Provider may use parts of the work or the entire work and/or their reproduction at its discretion, individually and as part of a collective work, combine them with other works, publish them, use as a template or model for courses in its information and promotional materials.
- The Provider may unilaterally change these General Terms and Conditions. The current version of the General Terms and Conditions is published by the Provider on the website https://www.drawplaсe.co.uk
- These General Terms and Conditions are valid and effective from 25 May 2018 and replace all previous versions as of the effective date.
VIII. Figures and models
The presence of a figure or a model, etc. is essential to some of the courses. Regardless of gender, such persons have expressed their consent and willingness to “become a model” for the course and will be generally referred to as “the Model”. During the course, the Participants learn to capture the image of the human body, and/or its parts. The Model is present at the course only and exclusively for the purposes of instruction. Any depiction of the Model (including only a partial depiction) and any works featuring the Model are study material of the course Participants, intended for and only for their personal use in practicing the procedures according to the instructions of the instructor. Use in other ways and for any other purpose, including any form of publication and dissemination via the Internet, publication, presentation, reproduction, allowing reproduction by third parties, etc., is strictly prohibited. The rights of the depicted Model are attached to these works – personality rights, at minimum. If the course Participant intends to use such works in a way other than just to study the topic, s/he is obliged to request the consent of the person who became a Model for using such materials accordingly, and the Model is not obliged to provide such consent in any way. We recommend that such consent is provided in the form of an agreement concluded in writing.
Do you also find this language dull? We know what is best 😊 🙂
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE YOUR IDEAS, COMPLAIN, TELL US THAT YOU ARE HAPPY, DISCUSS A PROBLEM, SHARE YOUR JOY OR ASK US A QUESTION?
Get in touch with us at [email protected]
At Draw Place, we respect the need to follow the rules of personal data processing.
At Draw Place, we have always handled personal data carefully. Originally under Act No. 101/2000 Sb., regulating the protection of personal data, and from 25 May 2018 under the GDPR (correctly referred to as the Regulation (EU) No. 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of individuals with regard to processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data).
If you need anything, you can always contact us by email: [email protected], or by phone: ++44 (0) 330 133 5351.
The basic rules regulate, for example, how information is provided, how we work with personal data, what data it is and what rights you have regarding your personal data.
So let’s check it out!
Who processes your personal data
The data are processed by Výtvarná škola Draw Planet, s.r.o., business registration number: 05652952, a company with its seat at Heřmanova 597/61, Holešovice, 170 00 Prague 7, postal code 17000, entered in the Business Register kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, file No. C 267767 (“the Draw Planet School”), which serves as the processor of personal data for the Draw Planet Association.
If you participate in the activities of the Draw Planet Association, the administrator of your personal data is Asociace pro rozvoj výtvarného vzdělávání Draw Planet, z.s., business registration number: 09723846 with its seat at Plzeňská 157/98, Košíře, 150 00 Prague 5 (“the Draw Planet Association”).
In this Policy, the term “Draw Planet” refers to the controller and/or processor of personal data – “the Draw Planet School” and/or “the Draw Planet Association” according to the context, respectively, depending on the affiliation of the data subject to the personal data controller.
Of course, at Draw Planet we rely on cooperation with specialists or technological solutions operators. However, all processing is subject to the same level of protection. In this regard, we cooperate mainly with
- cloud service providers,providers of server and technology solutions,providers of marketing tools and services,providers of services for the management of Internet solutions and presentations,providers of communication tools,administrative and delivery service providers
Under such cooperation, technical data processing may take place outside the territory of the European Union, but always in cooperation with a partner who meets the requirements set by the GDPR Regulation.
What personal data do we process?
We only process data that you provided to us directly when communicating with us or when ordering goods or services. Namely:
- identification data, typically name and surname,contact details, typically e-mail address, telephone number, postal address,data related to your orders and requests, typically the scope of orders, pre-contractual information, etc.,information regarding optimization of web-based presentations and electronic communication, typically information transmitted within the communication on social networks, cookies, technical parameters of displaying our presentations, etc.,
Purpose of personal data processing
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- fulfillment of the contractual relationship (order processing, provision of services, etc.),user account administration (databases of customers, registered users and interested parties),pre-contractual negotiations (communication with potential customers),communication with customers and interested parties (distributing messages, information, telephone contacts, etc.),distributing newsletters and business-related communication to interested parties (typically by email),fulfillment of statutory obligations.
We certainly do not pass on personal data to third parties for their own marketing activities.
Period of personal data processing
We process and archive personal data for a period of 10 years. This period shall be calculated from the date of receipt of the data, or from the date on which the data subject was sent information regarding processing of personal data indicating commencement of a new processing period.
After this period, the data is deleted.
Personal data security
At Draw Planet, we use both technical and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, theft, or misuse of personal data. Only a limited number of people have access to the data.
Rights of data subjects
By law, you are entitled to the following:
- the right to information and the right to access (information on whether we process your data, and what data),the right to correction (if you discover that your data is incorrect),the right to deletion and the right to restriction (temporary cessation of processing or deletion),the right to object (if you have a reason not to process your data),the right to withdrawing your consent with personal data processing,the right to file a complaint with the Office for Personal Data Protection (if you believe that your rights have been infringed)
Operation of the camera surveillance system
To ensure the protection of health and property, us in Draw Planet and you, our visitors, the Draw Planet studios have been equipped with a camera surveillance system. The cameras are located at the main entrance to the studios and in the individual studios. The camera system is not linked to any other personal data and the footage is not further processed and is automatically overwritten in cycles. The footage is saved for a maximum of 10 days. Where necessary (accident, theft, accident, etc.), the footage is provided to the Police of the Czech Republic. In the event of an investigation of such events, the footage of the relevant point in time is retained for the duration of the ongoing investigation. A security agency’s control room has access to the online image transmission for monitoring purposes if the alarm is activated. The operator of the camera system and the administrator of personal data is Výtvarná škola Draw Planet, s.r.o. The processor of personal data is JABLOTRON SECURITY a.s., business registration number: 258 01 861, with its seat at K dubu 2328/2, 149 00 Prague 4, Chodov.
The Draw Place newsletter
We sometimes circulate information about our news, discounts, promotions or requested services to people who are interested in our services and to our customers who provided their email address. We send such information for as long as we archive and process the personal data provided in accordance with this policy. If you do not wish to receive our occasional newsletter, you can unsubscribe by sending an e-mail with “Nezasílat newsletter” [“Unsubscribe”] in the subject line to our address: [email protected]. For unsubscribing, please use the email address you wish to unsubscribe.
About this Policy
This personal data protection policy (“the Policy”) is valid and effective from 25 May 2018. This Policy takes precedence over the application of any other prior agreement in the areas concerned.
Draw Place may unilaterally change modify this Policy if it is obliged to inform the data subjects whose personal data it processes about any such changes.
Please direct all your questions, requests, and queries to:
Email: [email protected]
Tel.: +44 (0) 330 133 5351